Sunday, November 30, 2008

Paula Deen's Mashed Potatoes

I made these for the first time at my house in the Low Country of South Carolina, not too far from Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah!  It was for Thanksgiving of 2008.  My friends Doug and Chris visited from Atlanta and we had quite a big meal. 

8-10 medium potatoes (it calls for red, I used regular ones)
1/2 cup hot milk (I used heavy cream)
1 stick of butter (I used two)
.5 cup of sour cream - I used a full one.

Slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. Boil about 15 minutes. Any old potato masher will work fine. I threw in the two sticks of butter and put a lid on the potatoes (off heat) for about 10 minutes to get it nice and creamy. Mash mash mash, then add the heavy cream and sour cream. Mash mash mash.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails