Saturday, January 24, 2009

Honey Baked Cod

This is another "google ingredients and see what comes up" recipe.

Honey+Cod = Honey Baked Cod.

http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/wokkingmum/recipes/honey-baked-cod

The recipe called for

2 slices cod
Marinade:
6 tablespoon Soy Sauce
5 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
1 tablespoon Water

Mix the marinade well.
Pour over the the cod and marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven at 160C.
Grill the cod for 20 minutes skin-side down before turning over.
Grill the other side for another 12 minutes or till fully cooked.

I was a lot simpler. I only had one piece of cod, for starters. I mixed one part soy sauce to slightly under one part honey and shook it to bits in a plastic container. (one part meaning less than 1/4 cup).

I marinaded it and popped it into the oven next to a baked potato at 425 for 20 mins - then I shut the oven off for the rest of it (the potato had already been in the oven for 35 mins...)

It really smelled up the kitchen, but it was quite good. The smell made me wonder if I had made a mistake - it was so cloying. It was a mild flavor after all that but it was a little dry. I wonder if I should have kept it at 325 instead.

The photo on the internet made it seem like this would be quite a honey glaze - well, my presentation wasn't remotely that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails