- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 French Baguette, cut into cubes (I just used my fingers and pulled them apart)
- coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced (I used tomatoes on the vine)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I always use the pre-minced ones, in olive oil)
- large handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped (I bought an entire plant. Which died in my fridge afterwards).
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, grated (I forgot this)
2. Stir in the diced roma tomatoes and the minced garlic. Let the tomatoes cook down for a good 3 minutes or so. Quickly add in the handful of roughly chopped fresh basil and stir in the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Take the tomato and bread mixture off the heat and pour it into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the fresh mozzarella cheese and bake it in the oven for a good 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I put the parm on just before it went into the oven, and no mozz.
It was great out of the oven, reheating it not so much.
This is more or less like lazy bruschetta.