I saw this on the Barefoot Contessa last week and had to make it. I haven't had risotto in ages. This recipe is as easy as it looks and it's just fantastic. You don't stand and stir it, you bake it in the oven. The final touch is a bag of frozen peas - yes, frozen. Not thawed.
* 1.5 cups Arborio rice
* 5 cups simmering chicken stock, divided into four cups and one cup.
* 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt (I only put in one teaspoon and felt it was pretty salty, so try using only one)
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup frozen peas
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven. I used my Le Creuset.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt and pepper, and stir vigorously for two to three minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy.
Add the peas and stir until heated through.
21 hours ago